Saturday, April 2, 2011

Proverbs 5

I am on Proverbs 5.  I see that I am about a week behind.... but I hope this means you have read at least to Proverbs 5! If you are way ahead, you can always let me know and we can put your post here.  ;)
OK, I have, I think, 7 people who have said they would read Proverbs with me this month.  I am still hoping that they will give me their insight on this book of the Bible as well!  It is not too late to join us!  Will you read proverbs as well??

Read Proverbs 5:  http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%205&version=NIV

Proverbs 5 was a short chapter on the dangers of adultery.  This, luckily, is not a chapter I dwelled on much, as it has never been a topic of much discussion for us.  But I do like verses 18-19.

Proverbs 18-19:
May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
A loving doe, a graceful deer -
may her breasts satisfy you always,
may you ever be captivated by her love.

For deeper study:
http://preachersfiles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6449

No comments: