Monday, March 14, 2011

Computer Autobiography

Justin Marz
Business Computer Applications
Fall 2009 - 9th grade

I do own a computer. It is a Mac book pro, it is one of the 2009 style computers, and it is also a laptop. I prefer laptops over any other computer for there size and portability, making it essentially easy to use it anywhere.
I do like my computer; it is a sign of our expanding knowledge of the world. It is an amazing piece of engineering, they are a wonder to work on and play on with friends. It is also a great thing for playing games upon.
I know several software programs, most of them I know are excel, word, PowerPoint, but I also know software's that are more common, such as the internet.
A computer is a miraculous piece of hardware installed into a small frame, essentially, it saves time by being fast and allowing you to access multiple things at once. My life would be quite different without computers, say, for example, it would be harder to keep in touch with friends as e-mail would not exist and they might not always answer the phone. There are many other things it could help us do, a main thing it does is provide with an internet connection to allow us to do many things online, without a computer this would be impossible. As for me? I would just lose a form of entertainment and would be bored further, well, maybe not, I wouldn't be having this class of typing this paper, so...not that bad.
I do believe it has changed for the better, it has made us learn easier and faster and will lead to even greater extents, perhaps a critic might say it makes us incredibly lazy, but, the computer has helped mankind for many decades now, but look where we are? Flying mountainous constructions of metal into space with thousands of computers running tests, we truly have gotten far. The computer is one of the most valued inventions of all time.
I suppose there are many things I would learn in this class, in particular though; I was hoping we would learn how the economy works and how to live from it, or off it. There are also many things I would dearly like to learn, among them are the ability to understand the functions of the computer and further grasp the ones we already know.

No comments: