Monday, March 28, 2011

Proverbs 3

Proverbs 3

Read Proverbs 3 here:  http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%203&version=NIV

I think Proverbs 3 may be my favorite proverbs chapter.  (tho of course I haven't read the rest of yet, so I will let you know.....).  Proverbs 3 gives more benefits of wisdom and refers frequently to our relationship with God and that we need to "trust in the Lord", "fear the Lord", and "Honor the Lord".

I really like several verses in this chapter.  Which one is your favorite?  Why?

Here is a site with an outline and some thought-provoking questions for chapter 3.  I hope you will give it a look and respond with your favorite verse and some thoughts to the questions.
http://preachersfiles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6295

I have officially heard from 5 friends that have said that they will read proverbs over the next several weeks with me, thought I don't know if they are actually checking the blog as well.  If you would like to read proverbs, please do so with us!  And please give some discussion in the comments below.  I would love to discuss this book of the bible with you!

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

No comments: